Thursday, May 21, 2015

JEB!: I won't enter "witness protection program" over family name

Don't worry Jebbie, I wouldn't let you even if you wanted to.
(CBS News) - The weight of the Bush name fell heavily on Jeb Bush's shoulders last week, as hestumbled over questions about whether he would repeat his brother's decision to invade Iraq.
During a visit to New Hampshire on Wednesday, though, the former Florida governor and likely 2016 presidential candidate embraced his pedigree.
"I'm not gonna be in the witness protection program. I love my mom, I love my dad, I love my brother [my brother so much so that he is my foreign policy advisor]," he said. "What am I supposed to say?"
The event was a business roundtable held just outside Manchester at the Pease International Tradeport, a popular stop for GOP candidates courting New Hampshire voters.
When a man complained during the question-and-answer session that he'd taken a lot of flak for supporting the Bush family, Jeb Bush exclaimed, "Join the club!"
Last week, after a number of shifting responses,Bush eventually declared that he would not have invaded Iraq, knowing what he knows now -- that the country had no weapons of mass destruction.
But he's spurned suggestions that then-President George W. Bush's decision to invade Iraq in 2003 created space for the Islamic extremism that thrives in the region today. Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment