Friday, April 17, 2015

JEB! is a "severely" compassionate and joyful [neo] conservative! No kidding.

Why don't the wingnuts like me anymore?  I'll tell them anything
they want to hear in order to get their votes.
(USA Today Politics) - Do not call Jeb Bush a moderate Republican.


“Why? Why? Why, pray tell?” Bush asked when a questioner characterized him as such Friday. On his way out of a news conference, Bush stopped and turned back. “I have a conservative record, probably the most effective conservative governor,” he said. “I would match my record with anybody that’s thinking about running or any governor of the last 20 years. It’s an I’m-not-kidding conservative record, it’s one of results.”
It wasn’t quite Mitt Romney’s “severely conservative” comment, but perhaps other Republican governors, including Wisconsin’s Scott Walker and New Jersey’s Chris Christie, should consider themselves on notice.
Bush contrasted his style rather than his policies. “Perhaps moderate in tone is misinterpreted to moderate in terms of core beliefs.”
For Sen. Marco Rubio, the Florida Republican who announced his candidacy Monday, Bush had only conciliatory comments. “He is a good, close friend,” Bush said. “We’ll sort it out. I’m not a candidate, and if I am a candidate this is a long journey, and one of my objectives would be to maintain the friendships I have with people who are maybe aspiring to the same thing.’’
Bush spoke Friday morning at a “Politics and Eggs” breakfast at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics at St. Anselm’s College, part of his two-day trip to the state that is awash in Republicans. A GOP “summit” to be held today and Saturday will feature more than a dozen potential presidential aspirants. Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment