Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Among family and fatcats, "This man can lead!"

Strike up another win for pompously ridiculous spin mongering.  While most of the stories about the Crown Prince over the weekend were about his "common" and core problem with off-the-reservation tin foil hatters Atwater and Rove spent a generation bringing into the GOP voting base, JEB! was busy doing what he does best: headlining a private high-dollar fundraiser, this time for his cousin, Colorado State Treasurer Walker Stapleton. According to the Colorado Statesman, JEB! got "strong encouragement to throw his [own] hat into the ring [with the tin foils] for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination" from the well-heeled audience.

Cousins, but not kissing
There was a pro footballer from the Broncos there, babbling ludicrous praise for him at an after-game interview level of incoherence. "The optimism, the clarity of message and principle - it fires me up," said former safety John Lynch, introducing JEB! to the enraptured crowd.  Then he dropped his best rhetorical hammer, "This man can lead."

When JEB! got to the podium, he said, "I'm here because family matters," and did reveal how he will perhaps deal with the toxic political legacy of his brother should he run.  When comparing the Clinton and George W. Bush libraries, JEB! said, "...when you go to the Clinton Library, it's all 'me, me, me," "I, I, I," [no "happy little" acrylic world leaders on canvas though]...whether Clinton was a good president or not, is not really the point here," Bush flatly began, then offered a personalized non sequitur answer.  "The point is, I love my brother's humility [bad self-indulgent art and all]; I love the fact that he will let history be the judge of his success and failures [as if he had any choice], and my guess, history's going to be really, really kind to him.

Kinder perhaps in a few millennia than voters, outside of such fawning donor bubble audiences, will be to JEB! in two years if he plays the "Truman card" when trying to deflect W.

No comments:

Post a Comment