Monday, April 7, 2014

Want to know why Jeb will never be president (but might be the GOP nominee)?

Read this article in the US News and World Report, and read Ed Kilgore's article in Washington Monthly.  This tidbit from the former is priceless:

"In fact, a Jeb Bush presidential run would become the ultimate embodiment of the tea party versus establishment civil war currently being fought out on the right (under the present auspices, let’s remember, of Bush-verse uber operative Karl Rove).
In other words, the admonition I saw on Facebook a few weeks back has as much currency with the hard right as it does with the left: Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, vote for Jeb Bush and you’re just an idiot."
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, vote for Jeb Bush, and you're just an idiot. That has the tenor of a campaign slogan!

No comments:

Post a Comment