Monday, September 7, 2015

PolitiFact Florida: On Jeb Bush and emails, there's more to the story

Look, IT'S MY TURN! Shut up, move on, and swear me in!
(Tampa Bay Times/Herald) - As the other presidential candidate with a private email server, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is trying to contrast himself with Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton.

"My email address, write it down, and send me your thoughts, jeb@jeb.org," he's shown telling a crowd in an Aug. 27 campaign video. "By the way, I just gave out my email address. It's exactly what I did when I was governor of the state of Florida. I released all my emails; I'm writing an ebook about my emails."
Bush and Clinton have drawn criticism from campaign rivals because they both used private email accounts and servers for their government jobs.
But can Bush claim that he has released all of his emails as a way of drawing a distinction between himself and Clinton? No, in reality, he has done exactly what Clinton has done. Bush says he has turned over and made public all the emails he was required to. That's the same argument Clinton is making. Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment