Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Old Bush Royal Sycophant James Baker Gets on the 2016 JEB! Bandwagon

(Sunshine State News) - Former U.S. Secretary of State James Baker, who has served over the years as troubleshooter for former Presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush, looks set to jump on the bandwagon for former Gov. Jeb Bush, R-Fla., as he nears running for president in 2016.
Promoting “‘James Baker: The Man Who Made Washington Work,” a new PBS documentary on him, the former secretary will appear on Ora.TV’s “Politicking with Larry King” on Tuesday night. King pointed to reports that former first lady Barbara Bush was opposed to the former Florida governor running in 2016 but Baker said that was mistaken.
“I don’t think it’s right to say that Barbara’s opposed to his running, she was a couple years ago, but I think she’s changed her views on that, and I think she’s 100 percent supportive,” Baker said.
Baker added he was for Bush in 2016 and praised his efforts so far in the campaign. Back in December, Bush launched an exploratory committee for a presidential bid.
“I’m very hopeful that he’s going to run, I think he’s done a really good job so far in the invisible primary, and locking up a lot of financial support and political support,” Baker told King.
“I certainly am strongly supportive of Jeb’s candidacy,” Baker added. “I think, and I’ve said before, I think he would make an excellent president.” Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment